Tuesday, October 24

On (and Off!) the Needles:

Rhinebeck has taken up the last week or so of my knitting attention, so I have neglected to mention all the knitting I have been doing! I have finished TWO (2) projects: the Maze hat and the Wintry Beret. Unfortunately, neither is perfect yet, and the beret may be entirely frogged. I just don't know how well the Noro will hold up. I'm hoping that the Maze hat will become the length I want after blocking the slip stitch part. Umm, I think that's it for FO's.

I couldn't wait very long before casting on with yarn from Rhinebeck. I took the train back to the city with two other women, and we sat winding our yarn for most of the trip. Well, at least I did. They finished much sooner than I did because they had bulky yarns. But when I finally cast on for the Clapotis at Yonkers, I think they were jealous of my small, elegant stitches...eh, it was probably just the yarn.

I have also cast on for Fetching. Unfortunately, the Noro Silk Garden I picked up wasn't working for me, so I switched to the Debbie Bliss Soho and so far so good. I love Noro's colors, but it's just a bit too itchy for me. Also, the loooong color repeats would make the two hands look entirely different (not necessarily a bad thing, but yes, I am a bit neurotic). Of course, I only bought two balls of the DB, so I'll only have enough for one pair. I was planning to make a pair for a friend of mine (who cheerfully let me stay at her place in NYC the night before Rhinebeck). The three balls of Noro would have been enough. I'll probably just go buy some DB cashmerino aran like the pattern suggests. I'm working the pair in DB Soho on 7s - even though my gauge is approximately the same as the pattern, I decreased by 5 stitches. I have small wrists. Hopefully by the time my stupid digital camera gets fixed, I will have at least one finished to photograph!

Oh yeah, the sock is still on the needles and roughly the same length it was on October 11. Sigh...at least I have finally posted a picture to the Socktoberfest Flickr site.

No comments: