Wednesday, October 11

I've been working mostly on my sock. The pattern is simple enough to memorize but not boring, and the sock is lookin' good.


I'm a bit worried about it being too small, but I think it will be okay. I'm knitting 64 stitches a round at a gauge of 7.5 stitches an inch. I tried it on and it was fine once I got it over my heel. Maybe I'm just defective at putting on socks.

I took the argyle hat off the needles sometime last week, so of course I had to put something else on the needles. I cast on for the Maze hat I'm making for my brother. I'm taking it to my first SnB tonight - I finally found a local knitting group! Because it's on US 8 needles it's going pretty fast, so I should be able to get through a lot of the maze pattern tonight. I'm excited to have two hours to work on it and not feel like I should be doing something else.

I'm putting the lace shawl on hold for a bit - I''m not really going to have a chance to wear it until the spring anyway, now that the weather is turning cold. Still haven't gotten to the stitch markers. Maybe I'll have time this weekend.

Only a week and a half until Rhinebeck!!!

No comments: