Monday, October 2

Finally, I can post a picture of my knitting! This is a picture of the hat I sent to my friend Gishnu in Boston:


made with Koigu Kersti Merino I got from eBay. I still have a little over half a hank (30 grams?) and I have no idea what to do with it. I suppose it will sit in the stash until it has some compatible friends. The hat is knit flat on a bias: it's a horizontal rib (4x4 rows) with every other row increased one stitch at the beginning and decreased one stitch at the end. The hat is then sewn together at the short ends, and one side is scrunched up. I decided to crochet the top closed instead of scrunching so much - this method looked a lot prettier on the first hat I made in this style (picture is forthcoming), but I think it works here too. I love the bright orange yarn and Koigu is so soft!!

No comments: