Sunday, October 8

I'm glad to see that my pictures are still viewable. There were some troubling little boxes with question marks instead of pictures last time. I've been busy with several projects: another repeat on the shawl is done, I finished the top of my argyle hat - so all that is left is to add the dashed lines on the argyle pattern and to weave in the gazillion ends (picture forthcoming), and I have been knitting my first sock! I finally picked a pattern: the More Fun Than Cables sock pattern courtesy of Stitches of Violet. The yarn is soooo gorgeous and the sock is really flying! I had started a sock in some Trekking XXL several weeks ago - the yarn is a heathered blue and was on sale - but was not enjoying it. I decided that if I was going to make it through a sock, I would have to invest in it first. So I bought Koigu. Best. Plan. Ever.

I also splurged on some Noro yarn because I suddenly decided that I need a tweedy winter beret. Where do these things come from?? It's the Iro yarn in #44. It looks so much prettier in real life than on the screen. I guess I decided this was "tweedy" enough for my tastes. The tweed thing flew out the window when I saw this yarn. I'm going to vaguely follow the pattern Last Minute "Purled" Beret. I ordered the dpns for this hat from KnitPicks, which will give me at least a week or so to work on other projects before the hat consumes me. For now, I just cuddle with the yarn.

No comments: