Monday, February 6

Tomorrow, or rather later today, begins the last semester of my undergraduate career. It is going to be one hell of a semester: thesis, four classes, job applications, and cramming in as much quality time with my friends as possible before we scatter ourselves across the western hemisphere. On top of all this, I have several knitting projects going right now. An intarsia argyle scarf that I dreamed of for months before beginning, and its matching hat. My very first sweater, which I have been putting off way too long. I'm knitting Tempting II by Jenna Adorno from www.knitty.com. Just finished the hat that matches the scarf I made for my (now-ex) boyfriend for Christmas. He's still getting it, because I'm not a petty person, and he needs a hat. The one he's been wearing is too small and looks ridiculous.

I guess I should talk a bit about myself, since much of what I'll be posting would benefit from an introduction. I am a senior molecular biology major at Princeton University, and honestly, college for me has not been so hot. I have been dealing with major depression since first semester freshman year, and it has strongly affected my entire time here. I learned to knit about a year and a half ago, at the end of sophomore year, and this past semester it turned into a coping strategy for me. I have now just come out of the January of hell (dealing with family, final exams, breakup with boyfriend, and anti-depressant failure - known among psychiatrists as "SSRI poop-out") and I decided I needed to have some self-worth recognition time. This blog is going to celebrate my knitting history from its beginning. And hopefully keep me from consuming every last pint of Ben and Jerry's from the local Wawa.

No comments: