Tuesday, February 7

So I have this hat that I've been making / made for my guy friend / ex-boyfriend / I don't really know what our relationship is. It matches the scarf I made for him for Christmas, an absolute masterpiece if I say so myself. I'll post a picture when I have the chance to steal it back for a bit. So the hat has been giving me trouble in a couple of ways. First, I didn't really know how big to make it, or how to work the decreases. By the third try, I was satisfied with the size, but now that I've blocked it it's way too big. And the ribbing around the edge died. I think my blocking method is really bad...but that's probably a result of my first attempt at blocking. This post will be continued later...I have to finish decompressing before sleep, and the blocking, which was supposed to be achieving that goal, completely failed. I think it's time for some 1x1 rib sweater!!

No comments: