Wednesday, November 8

Well, the wintry beret has officially been frogged. The Noro held up remarkably well and a hat will definitely be knit out of it soon. The beret had several problems, number one being that it wasn't warm enough. What good is a winter hat that doesn't keep me warm? And there was itchiness on the forehead. I don't know if I can modify a beret pattern to accomodate these problems. Berets aren't really supposed to cover your ears, a must for an effective winter hat. I'll have to search for a good hat pattern that will still look fashionable.

In other news, the sock is done!!! I finished it last Friday night and it is amazing. I've started the second one, which I think will go much faster. I am a tad upset though about not using the entire hank of Koigu for the first sock. This means I will have some left over from the second sock as well. What do people do with remnants of sock yarn? I think the next sock pair will have to be toe-up, or even two-at-once toe-up since I'll be knitting from a single large hank for both socks. This way I can just keep knitting the leg until the yarn is gone. On the hunt for a good sock pattern to fit my needs.

The camera is still broken. Got to take it to NYC to get fixed. Maybe this weekend.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I actually found you in an old post from the Lime & Violet boards - saw you were from Central Jersey, and I wanted to pop over and say hi. :) I'm originally from South Jersey, but now I live up in Central-North Jersey, near Woodbridge, and go to grad school in Manhattan. Your profile says you're a research tech - what type of research do you do, if you don't mind my asking? Always nice to meet other Jersey knitters. :)